Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pick a card, any card...




Again, not great photos (sorry), but these cards are long gone so I cannot retake pictures of these babies. :-) But I still wanted to share some from my archives...
These are so simple... just some hand torn edges and paper layering. The most "complicated" element is that some of the stamping has been heat embossed. And, boy, was that a neat thing to learn years ago.
Once upon a time (about 10 years ago or more), I worked in a Sir Speedy Printing place. I helped take orders at the front desk and helped with other customer service tasks and some small bindery jobs. I remember taking orders for business cards that would be sent out to be done elsewhere for the thermal heat embossing to make the raised/bumpy print. When I went to a Stampin' Up! party/workshop and learned that you could accomplish a similar feat right at home, I thought this was a big deal! (My how quickly things change... for instance, when I worked at Sir Speedy, Kinko's was hardly THE place to get your printing needs taken care of. It was more just a copy place.)
Anyway... my thoughts for the day. More over at my other blog, of course. Have a great day!

No comments: