Thursday, May 1, 2008

French Curve


I usually don't post cards that I might yet use sometime, but here is one and it shows something new that I tried... stitching. I know, this is nothing new to everyone, but I thought I would give it a go. I have seen templates you can buy, but I opted to grab my ol' French curve tool, drew my design on the back of the cardstock and plotted my own stitching pattern.
-
This here is my second attempt. On the first try I got the holes spaced too close together and the cardstock tore. So, on this one I pierced the paper with enough space to get a needle through with the floss without tearing.
-
I know there are incredible things people do with sewing machines, too. I will need to wait and see if that is something I actually want to invest in. I just can't use my regular sewing machine for this as the paper tends to dirty/jam up a machine. I will have to look into those cheap-ie little craft machines if I want to pursue more stitching.

No comments: