Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Music!

I finally get something to post (it has been a while!) and then I have a not-so-good photo of it!


This is a card I made for my mom to give a friend for his birthday. He is a pianist... and he used to play in Hollywood back in the good old glamor days. (Merrill Sparks) So, I used soome music to start my idea: Chopin's "The Wish"


I don't know the song... just Googled some sheet music for free and came across it. I took the word "wish" from the title to make the brad. The background ornate frame is from scrapbooking paper I had (thanks to my sister-in-law and her Christmas gift to me one year... thanks, Jo!) and the rest is pretty straight forward.


Maybe I will get going again here... I will need to get rockin' on some Christmas cards soon!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

This is nice --- very classy! I hope you get to do more card making.

Linda said...

as a musician, I can say I would be PROUD and happy to receive this card...it is gorgeous!

I have been searching, in vain thus far, for an old hymnal to use for this very purpose....seems people get upset/offended when I remark that I would like to take it apart to use in scrapbooking/cardmaking....sigh.

Nestor Family said...

Barb- Thank you! And, yes, I am doing some more card making... now I just have to get around to uploading the photos!

Linda- Thank you! You know... perhaps some old book store might have old hymnals??? Or look for a church that has a tag sale or that might be, unfortunately, at auction??? I had quite a bit of doing to make this copy paper look old.