Friday, November 16, 2007

Here I go...

I have gotten my Christmas cards all made! And I have actually gotten some other cards made JUST FOR FUN!!! (Haven't done that in a while!) I will get pictures of those up sometime soon... in the meanwhile I found one in the ol' archives to post for today.

This card was one of about ten (all the same) that I made for MOPS. I was to be a table leader for my local group, but changes in my son's education made it so that I could not participate last year. (MOPS is a great organization for stay-at-home-moms of toddlers. I would recommend every mom to check one out.) Anyway... these cards were made to be used as introduction cards for everyone at my table. Inside I had listed (printed out from the computer) my name, address and phone number... and some other little facts about me so that everyone at my table could know a little bit about me right away. I was so excited to be a discussion leader... oh well. Helping out my bigger little guy was first priority... and it was, of course, well worth it!

What I loved about the design of this card was using a new template and paper piercer to make the faux stitching along the red sheet of paper. New technique for me at the time and I love it still!!! (For those of you maybe unfamiliar with these tools... basically I pierced the paper with a pointy tool and the holes are perfectly spaced using a small plastic template. Then, I used a white pen to create the "stitching." It is a fun effect!)

So, a sunny "hello" to you all today!

2 comments:

Linda said...

oh, I do like this one! The colors are bright and cheerful. I'm a MOPS mom myself! I love MOPS...because of them, I have been able to actually have some ME time...my son was NOT a child care person, but he loves to go to "MOPS school" (he didn't like the term MOPPETS, lol). Thanks for sharing!

Nestor Family said...

Thanks, Linda! Yes, MOPS is great... that is the only way I stayed sane when the guys were really little and we had moved to Michigan and I did not know anyone. I also belonged to a MOMs Club group there that was strong.

Have a great weekend!