Tuesday, December 2, 2008

For My Nephew



My nephew was confirmed this fall... I made this gift bag to put his present in. (We gave him a cool flashlight that has a verse from the book of John on it... I don't remember the verse, unfotunately, but it was about Jesus being the light of the world.) The card... well, I admit that at first I went to look for a card at the store! But I found nothing suitable enough for me... funny, huh? So this is what I came up with... we think it is just great and something definitely worth celebrating that my nephew confirmed his faith in Jesus Christ at his program at his church.
-
The absolute BEST part of this whole deal? (Well, besides the life forever with God?) My nephew called me on the phone to thank me for the gift. That was awesome! He's a good guy.
-
P.S. Thanks go out to Jaimie, my Stampin' Up! consultant, for the introduction to this gift bag pattern!

2 comments:

ChrissyM said...

Congrats to your nephew. What a fantastic bag and card. I don't look at the store bought cards the same neither. It's funnier to make them and I think they appreicate them more.

Nestor Family said...

Thank you Chrissy!

And I agree... I like to think that handmade cards mean a little more so then people may appreciate them more, too.