Saturday, March 8, 2008

Birds of a Feather...


Yeah... the title of this post has really nothing with what I am going to say here... I love birds, but here is about the card.
-
I took a layout from my trusty Stampin' Up! catalog and idea book. The card really looked nothing like this one... using brighter colors and larger format than what I did here... but I think you can get ideas from anywhere (I am learning this, actually) and here is what I came up with.
-
The basic idea was a blank cardstock backdrop... next was a textured or textured look layer with an image stamped on it... then the added image in the upper left corner with the raffia accent... and the finishing touch was adding the brads... they really balance out the dark color of the matted feather, don't you think?
-
Anyway... have fun with what you see everywhere, I guess, as ideas can come from there.

No comments: